FASHION

FASHION
FASHION

BEAUTY

BEAUTY
BEAUTY

FOOD

FOOD
FOOD

MY FAVORITE DRUG STORE MAKE UP REMOVERS

Make Up is something which is one of my favorite topics. I am a constant learner, and try to keep myself updated as times roll on. yes, even I have gone through my crazy make up stages and come up to my current make up days. There were to be times, I used to be known for my elaborate eye make up. Now I am super minimalistic. I cant even remember the last time I had used eye shadow in 2017.

Make up trends might come and go, but what remains steady, is my stash of make up removers.

Over the years, I have tried endless make up removers, but very rarely, have I  found products which actually deliver. Dont get me wrong. I am not saying, they dont work at all. All that I am saying is that they didnt work for me, or my make up and lifestyle routine.
Which brings me to the point, what kind of make up do I use? And what kind of skin do I have ?I had mentioned minimalistic in a previous line somewhere , didnt I . I have extremely Dry and Sensitive skin. My make up consists of a Foundation, and not a BB/CC cream, high coverage Concealer , Eye Make Up Primer , Black Gel Eye Liner, Black Waterproof Mascara, Blush, Lipstick. Occasionally Contour and Highlight join the mix along with a bevy of Eye Shadow.

The Make Up Removers which can remove this mix are just three. My favorites include Neutrogena Oil Free Eye Make Up Remover, Garnier Skin Active Micellar Cleansing Water : All in One Waterproof Make Up Remover and Cleanser and Neutrogena Make Up Remover Cleansing Towelettes.  
Lets start with my favorite, Neutrogena Oil Free Eye Make Up Remover is a wonder product in my terms. If you look at the bottle, then you will see two layers of solution inside. Before you use, make sure you shake the bottle well, to create the emulsion. Dab it in a cotton wool, and the toughest of your eye and face make up will be off in a jiffy.

It takes off Gel Eye Liner and Waterproof Mascara without rubbing and tugging. It doesnt sting my eyes at all, which is such a winning point . It give any high end make up remover a run for its money with its quality and affordability.
My second favorite product is the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water. I was a bit late in jumping the micellar water bandwagon, but I had been hearing of Bio Derma for years, from my friends in Europe. So when Garnier finally launched its range of micellar waters, I thought of trying out. As my eye make up is waterproof, I went for this version, rather than the original. Its the same case with this make up remover too. If you let the bottle stand for long, then you will see two layers of liquid. Shake it well, till you see an emulsion. This is great for removing face make up ,and might need a few applications if you are removing eye make up. It doesnt sting your eyes. Its also a great cleanser for times, when I havent used make up. You can just dab it on some cotton wool, and remove the dirt of the day, and be ready for the day. The best part is that it doesnt need to be washed off, if you are in a rush. Another drug store product worth its weight in gold.

Last but not the least, is the Neutrogena Make Up Removing Towelettes. Make Up wipes have their critics, but are a savior on nights when I am too tired, or when I am travelling. They don't dry my skin at all, and actually remove all my high coverage make up. I stock up on these from Costco, as I always have to have them in hand.
So what are your favorite eye make up removers? I have listed my favorites down , if you wanted to shop.

SHOP MY STASH :

11 comments